22 November 2006

Learn to be humble

Just a couple days ago, God made it clear that I messed things up. Haha. I was surprised and finally understood that without His grace I can not do what is right. I am really thankful that I "saw" it and can truly ask God to take control over things and rely on Him. Previously, I have been trying really hard to make things perfect and some things had gone well but I just did not see that it was God's power to be frank. I gave the credit to God but I actually dont think that God's power had been working and of course, I am tired after striving. But now, I wanna acknowledge God all my incapabilities and ask His grace to bring me to His standard. Because that's the only way, allowing Him to work so that His power may be seen.

4 comments:

Ian L said...

You were strucked? Maybe stumped would be a better word? Good on ya for trying to memorize scripture! Goodness...you just continue to put me to shame, Praise God for you! =D

Anne said...

Yea sometimes it is so easy to grab the control back to ourselves. We have to constantly reminding ourselves that we have a God who is powerful, sovereign, and loves and cares for us. There is no use to struggle by our own strength to achieve things, all we have to do is to put things in His hands and trust him with all our hearts, and his power and glory will be shown through our weaknesses.

Janicelees said...

Thanks so much for reading me blog. Appreciate it! :D. Do u guys like my bugs??? hehehe. I know Anne, u'll say "yuck!" It's ok. :P

Just wanna point u to E.coli...they produced green metallic color on EMB agar. Very clever to distinguish E.coli and Enterobac.

Ian - Thanks Bro for correcting my grammar. I'll edit that. Haiyahh...I dun want u 2 feel down. Be inspired!!! :D

Anne - yeap. I think I'm more comfortable to boast on my weaknesses now. How much more you'll see God's power because u allow Him to work. But, even when I made these mistakes God is still so gracious that He'll not let my mistakes ruin His plan. Btw, Anne, u shud read "Captivating". I got da book.

Janicelees said...

Hi Anne,

Just want to say that I dont recommend u to read the book "Captivating". Scott sent me a review abt the book and it has got dodgy teaching abt God and women.