25 March 2007

I want a simple happy life!

The title for this post is a sentence that I often heard from people whether they are christians or not. I know because it is easy and free from troubles. But, I have also heard that we grow and we learn from tough times so even if they are undesirable, really trouble is somewhat good for us. It is difficult to say this but it used to be more difficult than now. I guess I have started to see that the purpose of the challenges I am facing and I can really say that it is for my good. If we want a simple happy life that means we have not seen it that it will grow us or may be we do not desire to grow. I do not mean to depress anyone. People think that problems are bad for them. But God said that we still can have joy in the midst of our problems. If we choose to refuge under God, He promised that he will be with us in trouble. I am not saying that He is not able to take away troubles, He is able. But if He means 'troubles' to shape us, do you think he will take it away? no, not until His purpose of growing us is accomplished. Although, He can, if we keep insisting not to grow and think that our plan (which is to be freed from the current trouble) is the best. I suggest to ask God about the hardship you are facing, to reveal His plan.

I do believe that God is in control of all things. Satan really does not like us to love God and have relationship with Him. He will try do evil things on us but God will only allow evil things to be done to us if He sees that is something good for us. God is trustworthy and He knows what He is doing. The hardships we are facing could be means to show His power and to clean us from unrighteousness.

2 comments:

*cq* said...

heya!
it's tempting to want a simple happy life when the going gets tough...
God brought me back to Hebrews 4, the passage on Sabbath. It's been really challenging for me and I'm asking God for a "genuine" Sabbath, one that truly refreshes...
i guess when things get hard, it's easy to want to merajuk. tt's how it is with me la... =P yet God reminded me of a Sabbath that is far more satisfying than wat we'll have now. but before we enter that rest, we just gotta labor. when the labor's been done, the rest is all the more sweeter =)
keep going sister!
(yes, it is me from docf indeed =) )

Janicelees said...

I guess merajuk is not only you but me too. Hmm...I still think It is easier for me to say all that and harder to implement. I also think that I made things simpler where it is often more complicated. We need God's grace to see all that and have peace with it.