06 November 2007

The very last lap

Waw...the last week of fourth year food technology. Everyone is leaving to pursue something else in life. Kinda crazy. I have just submitted my last assignment at Uni. It was really difficult but I did my best. It was about SPC (Statistical Process Control) in a biscuit company. Well, they are trying to minimize variation, keeping the whole process under control, and meeting legal requirements. I still feel that I could have done better. But, oh well, really oh well. Lilis cant change it anymore, have handed it in. No point in worrying. God, I give it to your hands. I have also recieved my thesis back from my supervisor. I didnt feel very good. I think my thesis is sucks. Hehe. People find it very difficult to understand. I am trying to develop a model on calculating the amount of uncooked starch in a complex mixture. My thesis is only about one of the important variables that need to be taken account in a complex mixture. But, I only did the mathematical side of it which is developing the model. The main weakness of my thesis is the chemistry side of the starch (physicochemical charateristics). I only know very little. My boss reckons that I can master it but it seems to require a lot of time to study. Anyway, I cant complain really..one of the sisters is having 9 exams this semester and she still has 5 to go. My condition is way better than her.

Today, I was listening to Piper's sermon on not nullifying the grace of God. I am really excited to know more about the significance of the cross of Christ. I can totally rely on Him to reveal the knowledge and change my life. This sermon was about being liberated from legalism which sadly is sporadic in churches. If we can pay for ourselves to go to heaven, Christ came with no purpose. It is not sin to stop depending on works anymore. Praise be to God! I must confess that I have been living my christian life legalistically not knowing that it is pride. But, today I'd like to recommit my life back to Christ, that I am unable to reach God on my own strength but He graciously reaches out to me. I have the freedom in Christ, I can depend on Him for joy, peace, and righteousness...dont you think what He said is true...that He came so that we may have life and have it abundantly...

Some cool quotes I found while reading these days and I'd like to make it a personal prayer:

Take my will and make it Thine
It shall be no longer mine
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne

Frances Ridley Havergal


If you wish to be disappointed, look to others
If you wish to be downhearted, look to yourself
If you wish to be encouraged...look upon Jesus Christ

Erica Saure

Once it was the blessing
Now it is The Lord;
Once it was the feeling
Now it is His Word;
Once his gifts I wanted
Now the Giver Own;
Once I sought for healing
Now Himself alone.

A.B. Simpson

Beautiful aye? May the Lord bless you this week.

No comments: