27 November 2008

Job Hunting Frustration

Position: Lab Technician

Salary: Negotiable

Responsibilities:

  • Incoming raw materials inspection yes food lab testing
  • Daily online QC inspection at production lines yes know LEAN ISO 9001:2000
  • Monitoring of critical control points know HACCP, applied it PD projects
  • Perform physical testing on intermediate and finished products yes know Quality System Design
  • Conduct microbiological testing on finished products yes know food micro
  • Maintaining QC documents no problem
  • Conduct fortnightly factory inspection errr, undesirable task
  • Equipment maintenance and calibration sure will
  • Laboratory housekeeping sure do
  • General duties as required sigh, can I just go home?

 

Position: Flavour Technologist - Delivery System

Responsibilities:

This role is critical in supporting projects and/or studies in the areas of flavor delivery technology systems with the focus to building more robust flavors and enhancing flavors formulations to a stage where they are operationally friendly for up-scale production. I don’t know wth is flavour delivery technology systems!!! I only know basic flavours and may be how to identify some chemicals on HPLC.
The incumbent is expected to undertake studies or projects independently with minimum supervision to improve and optimize current processes of formulating flavors. I can work independently but I need to know how to process/manufacture flavours first! You will also be required to develop operational mandates to the creative team as well as set guidelines to support production of flavours. Sigh if only I know how to produce flavours. But then I might not want to work for you. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting of issues relating to flavor formulations, usage of raw materials, mixing instructions and other instructions relating to formulation. I am a fast learner, will you take me?

2 comments:

Anne said...

at least yours had job description! Mine had no job description before i start work and they expect me to learn and know everything and master it after 2 weeks! sometimes you just need to go for it and take baby steps, so at least you are progressing... i'll keep an eye for you if there's any suitable job for you. don't give up.

Ita said...

I do understand your frustration. I guess you know why :) Keep prayin' that we will get the best! ;)