12 April 2007

easter CaMp 07

Woohoow! Easter Camp 07, Praise the Lord!

I was really challenged and touched to be able to share the good news to my friends. They were very open and seriously want to consider the work that Jesus has done on the cross. In the end, some of them even asked for a bible (so keen to know more) and I am happy to be able to pass on my Taonga (Treasure - in maori). This treasure is not for us to keep but to be passed on to others. I pray and hope that these friends will continue to seek Him with all their heart, that they may trust in the Lord firmly and willingly repent.

I also had an opportunity to be put in a group with an old fren which I hardly talked to. I thought It'll be very difficult for us becos I was a bit scared with this person. She seems to be unapproachable. When we have the chance to discuss things, I found that God actually has been working in her life and she was asking lotsa questions and willingly consider the answers the bible have. I was pretty stunt and full of joys of course.

So that was pretty special. I had a talk to couple of friends from Indo and it was a joy to be able to encourage them to keep going in their journey with God. Praise the Lord because they are all christians already.

I myself had an awesome break after that. Two days just spending time with God and He's been encouraging me from a book called "guidance and voice of God". Scott recommended the book. I am convinced that God has been providing us always since old times with with His own words in the bible. How much He has been speaking to me every morning and might be shouting at me. I was really challenged whether I do consider His words to be that precious. The book also points things such as feeling of peace, visions, dreams, still voice etc that people seek to accompany God's word and make decisions. This is kind of show that God's words are not sufficient and the most authoritative for us to make decisions. I know Making decisions is hard. There are things that the Bible did not specify and we are confused with what to do. God's main concern is on matter of righteousness. If it is not, may be they dont matter too much.

I am also more confident of God's sovereignty over everything in my life. I am more peaceful and at rest knowing that even through mistakes (bad decisions) I made God is able to accomplish His ultimate purpose which is to present me pure and blameless, like Christ before Himself.

It also raised questions such as the justice of God when He only shows mercy to whom He wants to show mercy. I found that God is completely just. It is fully just for us to recieve punishment over the things that we do wrong against God. But, God grant mercy to whom He wants to have mercy and I have been granted that mercy. To those He didnt grant mercy, He still remains completely just and blameless because simply we (all of us) deserve punishments. It is also to show how great and precious God's mercy on us.

What a Joy!

No comments: