21 October 2007

What Christ has done for me?

These past two weeks had been an interesting week, an eye opening, a humbling week, tough, but most rewarding. I thought I have learnt and reminded myself about what Christ has done for me, I thought I have known it reasonably well but in reality I have only made a wee bit progress. I enjoy learning the bible, knowing that Christ has brought salvation, freedom, and life for me. But, I didnt really know the meaning until I had to go through a test. I didnt really know what it means to delight in what Christ has done for us. Truly, it has to be God Himself that give us the understanding so that we may truly take joy in what he has done for us. I have often wandered why some christians can be so passionate about the gospel...this normally happens when I have lost my joy or when my feeling towards it was average. I know it is a sad thing but I have to be honest about it. Then, these days God made me understand...yeah I think I got it. Last two weeks I was sick and to make things worse I didnt feel well spiritually either. I realized that I dont live under God's grace most of the time. We thought we have depended on God but we are not and try to take things on our own strength. I was reminded that no matter how I feel whether I am weak or sick, Christ has brought victory for me. I am victorious because of Christ. Christ has fought the battle head to head with the devil on the Cross. I have given total control of my life to Christ and the devil has no authority over me, no power over me. The Holy Spirit that lives in me is greater than any other spirit in this world. The devil shudders at the name of Jesus, he cant easily forget the defeat on the Cross, it was finished! Praise be to God. I grieve over my many defeats, doubts on who I really am in Christ, it is because I dont know...o God help. When Paul told Timothy the reason why he should not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord nor of him his prisoner is because God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and self control. Fear has no hold over us, Christ is on our side, it is him who justify us, who can be against us? truly who? satan has no power if God has decided. he can not alter God's plan. No way, far be it. I thought I have understood what Christ has done for me yet today I acknowledge that I have not and I can not until He makes me understand. He who gives good gifts will surely give wisdom especially about Himself :).

Quote of the day: Spiritual warfare is real and is here, not somewhere in asia or africa. You gotta be ready for it.

No comments: