28 July 2008

Chai my way out

I love chai tea! When I feel unwell, I always opt for having a cup of chai tea rather than taking pills. So, I am going to share my own version of chai.

To make a cup of Chai tea:

250 mL waterchaitea

Cinnamon stick (about a thumb length)

Grated nutmeg (about two tiny pieces)

White pepper corn (I only put one or two)

Ginger slices (I put lots!)

Star anise (1 pod)

1 whole cloves

1 tbs sweetened condensed milk

1 tea bag

You can add as much as you like depends on how strong you like it. I like it medium spicy. So, I brew water with the spices first until the first sign of boiling and then filter. Wait a couple of second before adding the tea bag (just so that it's not too hot to destroy much of its antioxidants). Add condensed milk. A cup of chai tea is ready for you.

Picture by Roboppy

No comments: