31 December 2008

2009 New Year Resolutions

I thought it will be great to take time to think through some of the things God wants me to do next year. As Ray Ortlund said, "These are steps I am taking, in courage and obedience, to help me establish an inner life of rest and trust in God.” And then he said, “These things don’t get me to heaven, but they help heaven get to me.”

My 2009 Resolutions:
  • I choose to set a regular time to read the Bible and pray (%)
  • I refuse to submit to peer pressure/human expectations and choose to only do what God has called me to do
  • I resolve to take a step further in my pilgrimage of conquering fear of man (*)
  • I resolve to be firm and clear in saying "NO" when I really must do so
  • I resolve to trust God more in particular areas of my life: career, relationships, health
  • I resolve to pray diligently for my parent's salvation
  • I resolve to be less judgmental towards myself and others; Remembering my own desperate need in the abundance and saving work of God's grace.
  • I resolve to practice femininity, modesty, and biblical womanhood so that I may be an example of virtue in a world of confusion (*)
  • I resolve to act on things that are eternal and furthering to God's kingdom, and when fallen into temporal living, to cry out for grace that He may once again show me His big picture (*)
Notes:
(%) inspired by Ray Ortlund
(*) inspired by Jenny, daughter of Del Fehsenfeld Jr.

I am looking forward to the joy and hardships of 2009. Only...may Heaven downs on me.

No comments: