28 May 2009

End of May Reflection 2

Enjoying research

All the more as I work on my task today, I really enjoy research... simply gathering information about one thing for the sake of knowing it better. I am not only talking in Food Technology area but everything, everything there is in this world. Everything is Fascinating!

Establishing relationships with people

I am an introvert. Really. But, I found myself to enjoy chatting with strangers and be really entertaining. However, I retreated to my shyness at my little corner in the office, only joining my other colleagues when it is deemed to be appropriate. I regretted it. I regretted why I simply can not be myself and found things awkward. May be because I am the youngest working there. I know not their style of humor and their perception of me. But, I long...I long to establish relationship with them. Unfortunately, I just do not know how to do it. It prolly only takes time. I feel lonely at times because we seem to have an unseen barrier that we put against someone else. When you changed your mind to greet someone you know...and decided to keep quiet, you might feel that there is something inside you die.

A strange saying

Last night, I was reading a book called Revolutions in world mission. Yeas, I got it for free. It took three weeks to send it from America and arrived last two days ago. This book is about the life of the author itself, K. P. Yohannan, the founder of Gospel for Asia. This book contains shocking statistics such as 40,000 people die everyday without hearing the gospel or about a church building in the US that costs $74 million, an amount which will guarantee that the Good News of Jesus Christ could be proclaimed to the whole Indian state. It also has stories about missionaries that goes to the unreached people in India. Terrible persecutions, yet none of those involved are without joy. Anyway, he goes on saying something that really disturb me...

"never take youself too seriously"

I truly do not know what it means.

Languages

I found that learning new language is cool. I learn by listening. At work, all my colleagues speak mandarin. They prolly know not that I can understand almost all that they were saying. Every word just click. Kinda amazing. At church, people are speaking in sundanese. I won't say I understand sundanese but I like to identify myself with my surroundings. I like to be able to speak the language my friend can speak. Somehow, it makes me understand people better. It's not like I push myself to be what I am not. It's just that it comes naturally. Do you confirm?

Intermezzo
A spider found enjoying the afternoon on the stair as I walked up to the bus stop (click to enlarge picture, if you so will). When she stretched her legs, she is bigger than my palm. I also heard stories like snake, black body with red patches all over was found in the ladies toilet once at work. I can imagine such fun and histeria. Shut up! Yuck! yuck... yuck... yuck.

2 comments:

Anne said...

gosh the spider is huge! Hey u know how I feel when I listen to you guys speak in Indonesian, even I can't speak it, somehow every words just click and I know what you talking about! Not Sundanese tho. hehe.

Janicelees said...

Strange Sayings

Okay. I know understand the saying. the full sentence is this:

"no matter what you do, never take yourself too seriously."

It means never think that you are capable of doing the task. Humble yourself before God and you will succeed.

Languages

I mentioned that learning other languages makes me to understand people better. Not really understanding actually, but rather connecting.