28 November 2009

Ringkasan

Small Group 27/11

"Functions"

I learned quite a lot of things today. Firstly, thinking about the 3 F's (Formations, Functions, Foundations) sort of the core principles of our small group. Anyway, I was really interested in "Functions". I think it is new to me, and that was God's kindness revelation. Functions means each of us that makes up a small group will be given responsibilities that will help the person to grow. So, the responsibilities are there, not merely to be filled by a person but actually helping the person's spiritual growth. I never thought about that and I think it is beautiful if we all serve God like that. You see...Wiersbe said something similar "The service is as important as the servant". God can makes things works without you. If He merely interested in getting the job done, He doesn't have to use you. But, the question is why you are allowed to be involved. It is because you will be trained by it. Simply, you will grow. That's cool yeah.

Formative vs Summative Assessment

Never realize so much I have been dependent on Summative assessment. My mind is so goal/achievements orientated and that it just ingrained in myself. I never care about the process. Sadly, school and work place taught me that. They will always see end results. Yeah, yeah the process is important but really the results get much applauds. Now, change of paradigm... the results may be disappointing...but the process provides much supplements to our soul, to our character.

The people

Waw...what can I say...I am much humbled by you all once again...I thank God everytime I see you all how He granted us so much grace and wisdom. May His name be praised. God is among us!!!

Tuhan...aku rindu...hidup berkemenangan setiap hari...
percaya dan patuh padaMu
tahu setiap tapak yang dipijak, Tuhan besertaku
memimpinku dan berjalan pada tempat yang kau kehendaki
biar badai menerpa
aku tetap kuat dan tahan berdiri
karena setelah hujan langit cerah kembali
bersamaMu...bersamaMu...
tak ada rasa takut dan gentar

Tuhan, aku mulai mengerti...
tolong janganlah kau mengundurkan diri
tuntunlah aku seperti janjiMu, karna namaMu
Ini aku...

PS: I know there is an overdue post on Evangelism Explosion, stink, I forgot what I need to write.

I also need to say something about the book of Mr. Yohan Candawasa. Great stuff! First chapter, your life mission statement, what will be written on your obituary? How do you like people to remember you? and then Psalm 73...of Asaf...Awesome passage you know...whoa! you have to read it yourself.

Thank God for everything :)

1 comment:

Ita said...

Wow! So glad to see this post!
It shows that you really did your homework on reflecting :p
The "functions" part struck me also, that's why I always emphasize it.

May each day all of us keep growing to be more and more like Christ.