25 January 2009

Quotes of the Day

Linda, a friend of Elizabeth Elliot, on one afternoon was stabbed many times by a stranger to unconsciousness. She finally recovered. Whenever she was told that God is good because He had spared Her life, she always answers "God is good whether I had lived or died."

"Though we can not see His pointing finger but we can trust His loving heart." A. Lim

Living in this world means living in vulnerability. We are not immune to strange bullets that fly in the air. Neither deadly pestilence nor some unthinkable evil. But, no matter what life may throw at us, God remains loving towards us. We must embrace life and rest in the knowledge that He loves us deeply and totally sovereign. May be His purpose can only be fulfilled when we walked through this path of suffering. They called it, Absolute Surrender.

What deep fulfillment and satisfaction to know our Lord! I pray that I may spend less of my time, taking pleasure on things that are temporal, eternally outdated, insignificant and meaningless. May I grow to put my total trust in the Almighty.

No comments: