18 February 2010

Constant Care

Today I feel a bit lazy to write it on my journal, but not to write is like throwing away diamonds. (PS: my journal has been full with lotsa thoughts! weehee. I like writing :D)

Anyway, beside reading Nancy’s book, I am rereading Wiersbe’s The Bumps, uhuh! I had been flicking through that little book and really almost finish. But, I don’t think I gained a lot from that book so I decided to slow down and write what I got. Of course without applying the truth learned to my life, reading the most excellent book is really wasting my time and energy.

Today the reading was on God’s constant care for us. I would like to summarize some significant parts:

Yesterday God helped me
Today He’ll do the same
How will this continue?
Forever - praise His name!

Asking: Wiersbe said that we are to ask God to give us poor memory of our sins of the past and failures and good memory for all His goodness and faithfulness. The key I think is on the asking part. I have rarely asked God for the things above and rather pushing to do it myself. We must remember that in our condemnable nature, we are totally unable to be holy. Holiness is only possible with God.

Fact: God has taken care of you up to this hour and He is never going to forsake you!

We forget: the enemy wants us to think that God does not care or God has forsaken us. When the going gets tough, the enemy says “If God really loved you, this wouldn’t have happened. How many times in pain or sorrow Satan has tried to cast doubts on the love and faithfulness of God. Somehow we have the idea when life is easy, God is good to us but when life is hard, God has forsaken us and just quite the opposite might true!

Complete Security: We are God’s children, and our loving heavenly Father will not abandon us to the enemy. Even if our faith wavers, God will remain faithful, and His words never change. God helps us because He loves us. We belong to Him and He will never let us down. Amen!

Reminder: “Never doubt in the darkness what God has told you in the light”

I like his illustration when he had to take flights to other cities:

Once I board a jet, I just relax and turn the whole trip to God and the crew. I don’t try to fly the plane. All of my worrying and fretting will never change one rivet or bolt in that airplane. Life is like this. You have trusted Christ as your Saviour, and you belong to Him. Just rest in Him. Don’t try to fly the plane—just yield to Christ and let His loving care overshadow you.

Trust Him: After all, God can not fail us, for if He does, He ceased to be God.

What a friend we have in Jesus
all our sins and grief to bear
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer...

A prayer:

Lord, I know that I amen all the above. You are the one I seek, most satisfying and most beautiful. There is no other place, no other fountain springs out the sweetest water like you do. You are the place of rest and refuge. Only in You, I can fully live and be. Holy, Holy, Holy...is the Almighty!

2 comments:

Ita said...

An apple a day...
drives the doctors away...
A chapter of Wiersbe a day...
drives us closer to GOD.... :)
I love his writings. Constantly hold myself not to take a peek on the next page :p

Ita said...

Long live journal! :D