12 September 2009

Campur sari part 2

Work

Was just reading my previous post and I said that the part where things do not meet my expectations, it drawn me closer to God. I think I did not make that clear enough. What I mean was it taught me that nothing, nothing shall be satisfying except God. The only thing that can make you absolutely happy is God. In the end, the failure of work, friends, family, money, riches, fame to provide the true pleasure should point us to God. It reminds me that nothing can make me truly happy but God. He is perfect and everything else is not. Only one thing I ask of God, make me serve you when I am working. I am not working for men neither myself nor my family. But, I am working for You. Should the Devil try to deviate this thoughts away by placing obstacles, let him suffer in hell! Please give me holy motivation to work, a decided mind to glorify You in whatever I do. May it point the people in my surrounding to You. Who am I, Lord? that you should choose me and be gracious to me? God show mercy to whom He chose to show mercy, God show compassion to whom He chose to show compassion. Why should I be so privileged? Remember Lilis...your life is not your own. You have given it up to Him. May this puny life be a fragrant offering to Him. I know...Satan will not be silent. Protect us all Lord! give us discernment to know the trap he set before us. So that we may not sin. Oh, what power we have in our hands because of Christ Jesus! We don't have to sin. The Lord Almighty will give him the ending he deserve. Never be weary in prayer! Satan trembles when he sees...the weakest saint on his knees. Go to the one who is powerful and rely on him!

Serving

Haha. Ita chase me up to do this post. Thanks for the encouragement! You are a good friend and a role model :D! May the Lord bless you richly.

What is serving?

Singing in Choir? Leading a small group? Managing Audio & Visuals? Leading worship? Playing instruments? greet people at church? I would like to challenge us all to take the matter of serving not only in the context of helping at church but our whole life. As we serve, we need to ask who do we serve? ourselves? our friends? or... our Lord?

The act of serving:

Nowadays, people seems to think that as long as I serve at church, it makes me feel holier and when I go back to my school or work or family, I can do what I want. In other words, it make payment for the wrongs that I made on the other days. "Oh no...we don't do that..." Really?? Or I scared if my church leader will chase me up and demand for my hands and so I just do it...I am serving now...are you happy?? These kind of attitude should not be encouraged by the leaders.

Why? we nullify the sacrifice of Jesus, He had already set us free from bondage and slavery of sin. It was all because of grace and our salvation can not be earned by 'serving' at church. Church leaders should not manipulate their authority to get people working. Be patient and Don't worry too much of not having people to help! If God really wants this person to help out, He will get him. He will provide the willing workers. After all, what is in your agenda? God's agenda or your agenda? Is it God's ministry or your ministry? It is not successful in the eyes of man but are we valuing The Lord's work using human standards? The Lord will do as He pleases...

Don't get me wrong, I do not encourage laziness neither selfishness. Keep praying for these people that the Lord will change their heart. Our greatest temptation is to think that we are holy by 'serving' at church but it was Jesus' blood that made us holy. It is total sadness when we suppose to be joyful in serving the Lord, experiencing His power working thru us and yet we were wishing to do something else.

The object of service:

Who do we serve? are we serving others so that we might be seen as a good person, kind and famous? this objective of serving will not last long. You will die in exhaustion and it will not glorify God because of your selfish motives. Let us serve God out of our thanks to Him. Let God purify our motives and correct our ways. Let us experience the true joy of serving the Almighty. We do not have to be the super busy Christians. There is always time to do the will of God yet most of the time we do not seek the Lord's will and just do everything. We can not help everyone, We can not do everything is there in the ministry. Just do the will of God and that is sufficient. For God sake and for your sake, just do what God has called you to do. You will find joy in it and grow in Him. God, I want to know your will. Give me the courage to say no to other things and the strength to hold to that stand. Don't allow me make the same mistake twice. What an expensive price I paid!

As we serve the Lord through serving people, I am sure you will want to give your best. What is the most precious, invaluable, important treasure you can give to others? Bear with me as I prepare my words.

as for now, I want to feast on some of the books my friends gave me...Shadow of the Almighty and Screwtape. That was great gifts, people! haha.

1 comment:

Ita said...

Yea... our concept of service or ministry must be continually refined. I realized that most Christians (including me) in most of the time have wrong concept and motives in serving GOD. We would feel good serving GOD at church to make up for the failure to be a blessing in other places (work, school, society, etc). At least that was what happened to me once...

An encouraging post indeed... So glad to see you growing in Christ. All the best in serving GOD! And enjoy the books! :)