21 September 2009

Campur Sari Part 3

Serving

I have had my say on the act of serving and the object of service in my previous post. I feel that I must also touch on the motivation of serving, the passion or the conviction to serve. What is the purpose of our lives? for if we do not serve our Lord, our life is meaningless. I have been praying that God will open my eyes so that I may know that it is God's immense grace for me to be given the opportunity to serve Him. To be given skills and talents for the expansion of His kingdom on this earth. Have I used them for His Glory? or have I ran away like the servant with one talent...afraid...and thus buried it? I to be honest am scared to be irresponsible. But, I also dread the responsibility. Oh save me! Lest I do not serve my God and give Thee as Thou deservest.

Lord, I don't want to write/talk too much, because the words may betray the speaker.
Give me a servant heart, for this little woman has none.
Give me a conviction to serve, that it may hold me, possess me strong despite any challenges or hardship
Give me a heart that is willing to pay the price, to bear some pains and to fear no men.
Release me from my anxiety and strengthen my faith in You. Save me for your sake.

Oh shall I not boast on my weaknesses...for the strength of my mighty God will down on me.

The days are short and our chance to serve Him is not many. How about the population of the world...day by day people live without the gospel...without any lifeline...are we going to sit here and not reach out to them? Has the gospel brought life to you? if it has, it will move you to share it to others. What a joy to partake in such work, ensuring one person has jumped from hell to heaven! What a joy to join the angels break forth in singing as one soul is secured! What a joy to know that we can be part of this!!! C'mon Lilis! kick ass!!!

2 comments:

Ita said...

All the words in Italics... an amazing prayer! I might quote it someday and name it "Prayer of Lilis Indah". Can?
Or you prefer me to name it as "Prayer of Goo Jun Pyo fan"? :p

Janicelees said...

silakan quote...with no name