13 January 2010

The Cloud

The Cloud

I thought the way upon the mountain side
Would lead to certain clearness; but my Guide,
Whose thought was otherwise,
Led to a cloud that blotted out the skies

I feared to enter into that great cloud,
And fearing, cried aloud,
"O patient Guide, I fear;
Be not far from me now, with trouble near."

"Let not Thy heart be troubled. Could I cease to care for Thee?
Can vapors cancel my peace, My gift of peace?
O rest in Me.
I wait to meet Thee in that cloudy place
And in that cloud Thou shalt behold My face."

By Amy Carmichael


Part I Response to "The Cloud"

No, no Lord. You will not cease to care for me
Lord, No. Vapors can not cancel Thy gift to free
Help, Help, Lord! my eyes were darkened to see!
I am guilty with the sin of doubting Thee

Wash me clean O Lord,
Help my troubled heart
Strengthen me O Lord,
Flee away devil darts!

Lord, Your only word is all I need
and my crippling fear will take speed,
though my faith is the size of mustard seed
when Christ commands, all bow and follow lead


Part II

Rest in Me
Thou, rest in Me
Fear not, rest in Me

Rest in My sovereignty
Rest in My immutability
Rest in My love
Rest in My grace for you...

Part III

I will wait for you there, in the clouds
I shalt behold Thy face, my Lord!
O Thou, strong refuge and ever present help!

No comments: