15 January 2010

The Mercy of God

Everytime I read Tozer's writing on the subject of Attributes of God, it always moves me to bow down to God literally. Today, I am reading on the mercy of God, one attribute of God that I most have problem with, not that it is God's problem that He did not show enough mercy but I realize that it was my own problem. Unbelief, doubts prevent me to enjoy the feast that is prepared for me. He said, Come to the throne of grace...but I was too scared and too stubborn to believe that He will receive me.

Forgive me, Lord for my stubborness. Sincerely, please forgive me.
I want to shake off unbelief and my wavering faith, for lack of trust in the Almighty God never comes from the heaven above but the works of Father of lies.

Continue to open my eyes to see everyday O Lord. To leave the life of sin and embrace eternal life You gave us.

"We must believe that God's mercy is boundless, free and, through Jesus Christ our Lord, available to us now in our present situation."

" [we may live in unbelief and alltogether miss the acceptance and love of God] or we may, if we will, lay hold on the mercy of God by faith, enter the hall and sit down with bold and avid souls who wil not allow diffidence and unbelief to keep them from the feast of fat things prepared for them."

The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer

No comments: