19 January 2010

Response to Sunday Service 17.01.10

I learnt that if I did not put my thoughts down. I will miss it, I will forget what I want to say, what to response upon the sentences that was heard/read. Just to give you an example, I was going to write about Evangelism Explosion. I reckon it was a great and comprehensive gospel tool to share to the non-believers. But, now I totally forgot why I was so passionate about it. So, a bit of a waste coz I didn't manage to put it down.

What I am about to share now is not EE but some quotes/stories I heard from the pastor on last Sunday.

"You can serve without loving but you can not love without serving
You can give without loving but you can not love without giving
You can sacrifice without loving but you can not love without sacrificing"

My simple prayer to God was...

"no more serving without loving
neither giving without loving
sacrifice without loving, I want no more, not anymore..."

"Your generosity is the acid test of your spirituality"

I have failed the acid test. My spirituality was a bit shallow.

Some stories from the land of Africa really touched me:

A woman from Congo, she is crippled both legs, yet because she so desires to listen to the word of God, she would crawl to the place of meeting even though it was miles away. Moved by her condition, a missionary greeted her when she arrived. The missionary noticed her pain and all bothers while she made her way and asked the reason she would bear so much pain from crawling. She said Jesus loves her so, pain means nothing to her if she could listen to His words.

One more story

When the time of the offering comes, because people in Africa are majority poor, they can only afford giving vegetables and the fruits of the land. One small girl came up to also give an offering.
She put a silver coin on the table. After the service, a missionary approached her to ask how she could have such fortune, thinking she was too young and might steal. The girl smilingly replied

"I went to the plantery next door and I sold myself as a slave for the rest of my life to obtain this silver coin. I want to give to Jesus a sacrifice that represents my heart."

Wow..would I do that for Jesus?

No comments: