09 August 2008

Love

I thought I already know how to love but I know not the cost.

I thought It is easy to trust, but I am dead wrong.

I thought forgiving is no sweat job, but I haven't come close to doing it.

Love is patient and kind;
Love does not envy or boast;
It is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
It is not irritable or resentful;
It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)

Oh what hope is there huh? Are you patient and kind? Don't you envy your neighbors? Are you not irritable? Do you always believe all things, never once doubt?

For if you live according to the Flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:13)

If you still depend on your strength to love others, you will die. You have no hope. See, God has given you a way out. Depend on Him. He will enable and empower you to love. He knows your weaknesses and inability, He has said "come, let me help you"...

No comments: