27 August 2008

Launching of Libertà and Being Twenty Three

Dear Reader,

Today is a special day for me :). I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Jakarta. For the last two years I always had dance parties, I miss that. I still have copies of the dance videos wakaka...If I posted them, I am sure to receive desperate requests to undo such expose. So I shall refrain from doing so. Friends, food, and music are gifts to color up one's life, aren't they? Thank you Lord for this life. I want to know more and understand the real meaning of freedom in Christ and may I be truly liberated by His truth day by day.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
(Psalm 139:16)

Today is also the launch of a new face and theme for my blog. Libertà is an Italian word for Freedom. Any wonder why Italian? I dream to be able to set my foot one day in that land of pasta. Talk about Renaissance, Religions, Ravioli, Romantic settings and Rome.

I reached the Alps: the soul within me burned,
Italia, my Italia, at thy name:
And when from out the mountain's heart I came
And saw the land for which my life had yearned,
I laughed as one who some great prize had earned:
And musing on the marvel of thy fame
I watched the day, till marked with wounds of flame
The turquoise sky to burnished gold was turned.
The pine-trees waved as waves a woman's hair,
And in the orchards every twining spray
Was breaking into flakes of blossoming foam:
But when I knew that far away at Rome
In evil bonds a second Peter lay,
I wept to see the land so very fair.

-Sonnet On Approaching Italy by Oscar Wilde

Freedom is something that God has been teaching me this months past. Freedom from my legalistic approach to life, fear and anxiety. I finally be able to decide that this is the time to change my blog theme. I am grateful that God keeps showing me his fatherly love, patience and grace.

My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weaknesses. (2 Cor 12:9)

I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."'And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. (Luke 15:18-20)

I am still at the transition phase of my life. It seems such a long period of time and tough. I am not sure If I am ready for the next adventure, the thrill of adventure is great but I prefer settling down and back to routine rather than some uncertain situations. But, oh, I will have to go through it, won't I? I think I will just enjoy my break this time and not to think much about it.

Anyway, yes wish list!!

I only hope to be joyful in whatever situations and see lotsa smile on my face until my next birthday. May be not sort of a list but in this way I won't restrict any surprises.

PS: Hope you enjoy the new face of my blog

Love,

Lilis xxx

No comments: