16 August 2009

Simply Happy

I had such a wonderful weekend, free from worries of work. Really! It all starts on Friday. I went to the Evening Bible School and we were discussing about Predestination/Election. As I think about it, the doctrine we believe is important as it determines how we live our lives and what decisions we make. God, if He chose us out of His own will and nothing we can do to be elected, to earn his grace, He is fully gracious and we are really lucky. I think in this way grace will be understood better, His grace, His act of choosing us to be his sons and daughters purely out of love. Then and only then grace is immensely valuable, its definition come into full realization. I absolutely agree, once we understand why God chose us then we will live our life differently. Total transformation. I am looking forward to digging deep into those verses available that supports Armenians & Calvinists systematic theology. You will find the scarlet thread sewn through the bible from beginning to end. Isn't it wonderful?

Saturday, I got up and thinking of doing something good. I won't tell because it might devalue the whole act but it was good to off focus from self. Arrived at youth only to be fed with something really profound. Mrs. Phebe Shen, wow what a lady! when she speaks to us, everyone feel that there is something different, something very attractive, very powerful, almost like fire burning. She shared her hard journey of faith and the abundant fruits. Almost killed by her own father, she persevered till now, bringing many lives (50 people at least in her own family, including her daddy!!) to Christ. She challenged us what difference can we make to the world we live in. Yes, our world is wicked and never fair. But, if we remain as salt, how we meant to be, we will always be useful in the hands of God. She explained, back in the days, salt does not come like powder, how we always have in the container...fine crystals. In those days, salt really means salty rocks. When they have their food, they will bite the food and then lick the rock to get the salty sensation. As you used the rock frequently, the salt content decreases and when it is not salty anymore, it is useless and thrown away. Wow, that's something new I didn't know. I simply admired her. Her passion and cheerful spirit, I always wonder the simbar bro and sis, how does it feel to have an auntie such that. Her faith and prayer life. Her sadness to see there are still many people have not known Christ. Everything of her is...helplessly contagious.

I longed longed longed...God... many have won the battle, me too pleaseee!!!

Thank you for bringing me to IEC. It is one of your graces to keep my faith in You growing, to keep me from going off track. Thank You. I then realize everything, everything that has been happening in my life, every single event, God knows... my weaknesses, God knows what I need, God knows how to clean up the mess I made, God simply knows yet doesn't remain silent and act upon it. Although, it might not how I would like it to be but little by little He kinda did. God, me cling to you. Can not do anything without you. Can NOT!!! Need you every day every hour.
Give me all the necessary wisdom and courage. Make me function! Useful for your Kingdom! Not get tight up with what the world says, wants, gives. The world rejected you first, it will, it will reject me. But me not living for this world only, but for the one the better is coming. My hope is there. My hope is there!! Fill me to the overflowing! run through my family. one by one.

Mrs. Phebe Shen said do your best for God! study as smart as you can, earn a lot of money for God. Why? poor people, plus noisy some more talking about this guy named Jesus, does not make a lot of impressions. Talk about marketing. Haha I like that. That's very true you know...
Be a professional in handling the word of God. Shame on you compare to JW's and Mormons. Never be interested in debate with sects, don't talk about what they believe. Talk about what YOU believe. Awesome as!

Sunday, guess what? the same. Same firing on to inspire us young people to live for God, make influence, do the work of evangelism!!! All the more, If my hands and feet don't move or do any work for God, rasanya gatal deh, can NOT just stand there. The only difference was I went and joined the choir practise today. Mencoba/Menjajaki. Ci SS, Evel & Ci Mar (subtle) persuasion. Hehehe. It was...enjoyable...

Then swensen gelato and crispy veggies completed our happy sunday...

God help thy little worm. Forgive my many sins. Make me secure. Leaning on the everlasting arm.

No comments: