28 October 2009

About Work

Dear Ms,

I have wanted to talk with you regarding my work responsibilities but I have not any chance to speak with you personally. Hence, I am writing to you.

To be honest, I cannot manage my work properly now. I am overloaded with marketing and sales support work. These last two months, O has given me a regular task to create sales performance report across the three business units for his region and also providing O sales support for the regions. Beside these, marketing tasks from A includes organizing marketing events: making the event list, brochures & marketing gifts stock and order, artwork, budgeting for events, furniture order, preparing things to pack, mending the stand, hotel, flights, handouts, liaising with people involved. In addition to that, market research, updating new product launches database and the list is not exhaustive. I am not sure whether you are aware of these responsibilities.

Hopefully, I do not give the wrong impression that I do not like my work. I have learned a lot from this job and starting to get the big picture of how sales, marketing and technical can complement each other for the good of the company. However, I am losing my track and the quality of the work done seems unacceptable. I have spoken to K and M a few times regarding my responsibilities and being overloaded but somehow the message does not seem to get through. There is no objection with being given various tasks as it will increase my knowledge of the business but I really struggle in meeting all these priorities.

I still enjoy the technical and marketing role and had given my very best to complete all the tasks. If the quality of my work no longer meets the company standards, I am ready to withdraw my application. You have been very kind for giving me this opportunity and I truly enjoy working with you. But, I cannot perform if I have too much on my plate.

PS: I am still interested in a permanent position, if it comes with manageable responsibilities.

Hope you can help, A.

Thank you.

Regards,

GJP Fan

Modified for privacy purpose.

No comments: