04 October 2009

My Feelings are not reliable

"We must choose, without any regard to the state of our emotions, what attitude our will will take toward God. We must recognize that our emotions are only the servants of our will...

Our will can control our feelings if only we are steadfastly minded to do so. Many times when my feelings have declared contrary to the facts, I have changed those feelings entirely by a steadfast assertion of their opposite...

Surging emotions - like a tossing vessel, which by degrees yields to the steady pull of the anchor - finding themselves attached to the mighty power of God by the choice of your will, must sooner or later give allegiance to Him..." Hannah Whittall Smith

Have I lived a victorious life? "Living Victoriously" was the theme of our KKR service these few days. I have received the invitation, the opportunity to serve as counsellor and choir. I had chosen the choir because I don't think in my state I can be a counsellor at all, I don't think I have lived victoriously, I think I am somewhat in an emotional prison that hold me in bondage.

I feel fear
I feel rejected
I feel uncertainties against my future
I feel lonely
I feel hopeless

but that are only my feelings...and my feelings sure have driven me nuts!!!

God loves me, regardless I feel loved or not
God is with me, regardless I feel lonely or not
God accepts me, regardless me feeling much rejection from man
God loves me enough to limit Satan power in trying His saints, regardless I feel secure or not
God is sovereign and in control, and again... He loves me enough to give me future and hope in eternity, regardless my feeling of hopelessness and despair.

These are the truth!!! God remains faithful forever and ever. He is not like fickle minded man, He is totally unchangeable! That's why if we have Him as our foundation, We will SURELY NEVER BE SHAKEN!

We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ -- 2Cor 10:5b

Oh Father, it is not always easy
Please...h e l p m e...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Cor 12:9

Cheer up!