17 March 2009

Reflection

I am enjoying my walks through the pages of Genesis. It almost come to an end. Every time, I would like to write something about it, I was just not able to pour it out. I share with you some significant points I found:
  • God created the universe, man and woman
  • Cain and sin
  • the tower of Babel and human inclination to sin (since birth)
  • Noah and the ark saved because He feared God
  • God's faithfulness to his promises for Abraham
  • Abraham's fall, fear for his life twice
  • Sarah's doubt (and God's grace on her)
  • God's patience, despite all mistakes he reconfirm his promises
  • Abraham's faith test
  • Abraham's mess with Hagar
  • Abraham let Lot have the land he wants
  • Abraham's journey to Egypt after God promised to bless him in Canaan.
  • Isaac following Abraham's mistake
  • Esau despising his inheritance
  • Jacob's life change while serving for 20 yrs at Laban
  • Jacob's inability to discipline his sons
  • Jacob's journey in knowing the Lord, from calling God as the God of his fathers until acknowledging Him as His own God
  • Joseph's life journey from his father's house to Potiphar's to Prison to being positioned as Governor (God uses everything, work through everything for own good).
God hath proven Himself to remain faithful even when we are faithless. His promises for us who belong to Christ are yes and amen! He who discipline us is still compassionate and yet carry it out to enable you to bear more fruits. He who cares for the details of our life and helps and leads us in path's of righteousness. He who forgives sins and gives future and hope. He who is sovereign, is still so even when unpleasant times comes. He who is able to work all things even evil things done to us for our own good. He is praiseworthy forever and ever.

And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us.
The prince of darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure;
One little word shall fell him.

"I have thought I am a creature of a day, passing through life as
an arrow through the air. I am a spirit come from God and
returning to God; just hovering over the great gulf, till a few
moments hence I am no more seen. I drop into an unchangeable
eternity! I want to know one thing, the way to heaven—how to
land safe on that happy shore. God himself has condescended to
teach the way: for this very end he came from heaven. He hath
written it down in a book. O give me that book! At any price
give me the Book of God! I have it. Here is knowledge enough
for me. Let me be homo unius libri [a man of one book]."
John Wesley

No comments: