02 June 2009

Early June Blues

I met my other new colleagues, she is in fact still a student at a reputable University in this country. Her job is pretty much the same as my job. To be frank, I felt a little down as she is given the same task as me. She is still in Uni and I left Uni but we have same responsibilities. But then, I am grateful I was entrusted these little things. I was given opportunity also to gain experience in food industry. That is sufficient. If I should think the task given was easy, it might be a more valid complaint, but it was not easy and I am learning.

Sometimes, I feel I work a little slower than everyone and was feeling a little "kiasu". But, heck! I will be true to myself. My job is pretty challenging. I am content and commit to learn as much as I can from my work. Haiyah, why this country so believe in merits and achievements? and gaining approval from it? My confidence is in Christ alone. He accepted me and loved me, not because I am meeting any of His standards. But, because it is purely His choice.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I think somehow the culture here makes us 'kiasu'. Because if we are not, we cannot survive here...

Ita said...

I check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiasu
http://www.asianjoke.com/Singapore/a_to_z_of_kiasu_philosophy.htm

and realize that I can be very kiasu sometimes >.<
2.5 years in Singapore has really changed me... for better and worse..
Wa... not good... must get rid of the bad habit.

But I think kiasu-ness, in the right place and for the right purpose, can also be very good :)

Janicelees said...

@ Ita: waaa thorough research on "kiasu" philosophy some more.

@ Anne: true. Boh huat, man! in proportion lah.