14 June 2009

Heck, it's mid-June 2009!

Don't you think it was just yesterday that we enter this year? time flies man... talking about that always reminded me to what my pastor used to say, that may be we are truly created for eternity where there is no time boundaries. Anyway, Waw...today I wish I was blogging in everywhere I went. But, anyhow that always happen to me.

East Coast Park
First thing first, my feet is sore. We walked and walked along the east coast, it was nice and relaxing but it was a little stressful as we know not the way to go. I how I figure out that memory is still good. Had a nice seafood dishes for tea (tea in kiwi means dinner, not an actual cup of tea). Black pepper crab, shellfish (we had two kinds which I am not too sure what is it in english). Poor mama. But she did enjoy the scenery. Oh btw, something really funny. I was happy walking and enjoying the beach until I step unto something...ewww it's dog poo... (nginjek tahi anjing - red). Anyway, poo will not ruin our afternoon. But, mama mistakenly went into gentlemen toilet to wash her hands and we were LOL-ing together. We say...Oopssseey. haha.

Church
I actually felt rather stink today going to church. Not having a good sleep last night, thinking about something and feeling a little sorry for myself...I was quite tearful during the worship. Then, come listening to the message. The sermon was about keeping the holiness of God's name. You know...all the while I felt I had already know the topic and finding it rather difficult to concentrate. Come to the end of the message, the preacher talked about how...just HOW then should we live knowing that God has adopted us as children. We are children of King of Kings, no? Would we still live as how the world live? How different are our attitudes to life suffering (ongoing problems, sickness)? knowing that we are children of the God Almighty? knowing that He created us and will bear, carry and save us whatever we gone thru? He said a quote which I think very strong and I think this is the way it goes:

You call me teacher
but you never listen to me
You call me the Light
but you never see me
You call me the Way
but you did not follow me
You call me Lord
but you never serve me
Just don't be surprised
when I come again and
I said that I don't know you.

Wow. I was challenged. Just how have I reacted? have I reacted the same as the non-believer? have I reacted as If I have not known Jesus, the Savior? have I reacted as if I have not a loving Father in Heaven who care so much about me as to give His one and only Son to die for me?

God, just don't allow me to go through each day without knowing the significance of your love for me. Let me grow in that knowledge, until I am radically transformed in how I live my short tiny life you give me. Getting rid of the sins that so easily entangles...knowing well indeed that every ministry is an opportunity, it is a privilege! knowing well that all ministry is YOUR ministry. It does not need human worries and intelligence to work it out. YOU will work it out all problems and that my burden is light. YOU have absolutely all power all resources required to accomplish your purpose on this earth. And if YOU so choose not to eradicate/rule out problems, it is entirely at YOUR command and we should not never worry or feel guilty, thinking that we are not successful.

Also, just want to say to Ita, thank you because I just felt encouraged after talking to you today. We didn't really sit down and talk, it is just the usual chats. But, I just feel encouraged from my little upset this morning. Thanks ya.

Work
It is a little difficult to be grateful about my work these days. I do not look forward going to the office tomorrow. Big day. Just afraid that my work won't be appreciated. Anyhow, I want to make a list that I can be thankful for:
  1. Thank you God for A (my lady boss), took me home on friday and brought me right opposite to esplanade when I was really tired.
  2. Thank you God for N (logistics staff), she is very nice, always go lunch with me.
  3. Thank you Godfor my working hours, it is far better than a lot of people.
  4. Thank you God for giving me a job and PR in this time of recession
  5. Thank you God for bringing mama here
  6. Thank you God for this marketing job, I am just a beginner yet I foresee to learn many things from this job. Uncertainties really are quite scary. But, Lord I leave it to your Mighty Hands.
God, use me wherever I go! I know You are a trustworthy God! You will never forsake me and are willing to bear my burdens. One day at a time Lord, one day at a time... I know You are leading...I trust You!

1 comment:

Ita said...

Ew... dog's poo...
Long time I didn't see it, coz I dun have dogs here. In my house I saw it everyday *informasi yang ga penting deh* :p

I love the closing part of the sermon today! The poetry you wrote on this post and the story of "anak Raja" :)

Which part of conversation? About the Mennonites? Haha..
I really never expect or realise that our conversation could encourage you. I think it's not me. It's the Holy Spirit :) Honestly, when I read that part, I almost burst into tears. I was just so grateful that God has used me...
Btw, Lilis, it's my pleasure :)

Jiayou with your job! ^o^