31 March 2010

Hort Park-TTC-DeVoTiOnS

Hort Park

Oh what can I say? It was great to be out with you all. So much fun, laughter and love shared. Ita, your birthday was a great day!!! hahaha. You are so lucky, the people that went were special entertainer from young to old. God loves them all. The nice landscape, greens, the labyrinth ball that we played, the jokes shared (doa susi ambien, bwahahaha)

TTC-SBC Trip

On the purpose to deliver and bom-bom cheer Ita to her place of interview and helping Kak Tony to find out more about the bible colleges in Singapore, we set on a little adventure. I get to know these three people a little more: Ita, Dyn and Kak Tony. The clouds gathered over us when we arrived at TTC with no Kak Tony with us. The path to the entrance is rather slanted and we walked through the backyard of TTC only to find there is no reception. The sky was dark and drops of rain warned us to search for shelter. We approached one auntie proceeding downstairs, she aint know the place as she’s a visitor like us. The gardener only speak mandarin and had poor knowledge of his work place. General administration office oso donno. New guy meh? We ran to the canteen and was anxious about Kak Tony (no $$$ on his mobile). Luckily, one uncle told us to wait at B2 for the incoming taxi, we then found out that we actually passed B2 when we were looking for the entrance. Three of us sat down near B2 lift, Ita was a little more anxious, Dyna was generally happy. I basically was ignorant of all the happenings and wanted to sleep. Before a few rubbish chats, we tried to send messages to him because he now totally can not receive any calls nor replied text. We sent him texts and recommending him to have faith. Anyway, He finally arrived! and told all his drama up on the second floor balcony with thunder and lightening blazing in front of our eyes. We closed our ears and/or eyes every so often. He shared that a singaporean auntie was so mad at him thinking he cut her SGH bus queue at outram. He was actually waiting for 166 bus to come to TTC. It is his first time to travel by spore bus alone. After getting into the 166 bus and feeling certain to get off, He actually arrived at a wrong place! While waiting for the taxi, a car passed by, showing no slightest courtesy, it wetted him from face to toe. Once he got onto a taxi, he received our “have faith” text. Hihihi. Poor guy.

Ita nervously went for her interview and was happy for everything. Finger crossed!

Along the way we all listening to Kak Tony sharing about his ministry experiences. It was quite fun! We then went to SBC particularly SBC’s book centre where we spent most of our time chatting about this and that book, leaving the place not buying any. SBC looked a little boring and from what I heard, the students there received strict disciplines. Anyhow, we managed to hear a lady’s rehearsing her voice. Fiuh hard work of aaAAAaAAAaAA!

The day was ended by feasting at Adam Rd Food Centre, ordering famous local cuisines such as the soto with bergedil, prawn noodle, nasi briyani and rojak. As I write the previous sentence, my mouth waters just imagining vivid pictures of the little feast we had. I believe, so does yours! I will be back to Adam Rd. I am not sure if I will be back to the colleges though hehe, God willing. Ita, all the best!

DeVoTiOnS

I have been reading Life Sentences by Warren Wiersbe and Amy Carmichael’s His thougts said His Father said. Yesterday, I wrote a post on Competition, pride and all. Today my reading answered it. It was so good to find God answers prayers. My reading was on Lucifer. How His pride and ambition hath lead him to the path of hell. To sum it up, three old lies He propagates in today’s modern times: There is no absolute truth in this world, there is no consequences for personal disobedience and no limit to what we can achieve. Sobering thoughts.

I will share one bit from Amy Carmichael:

The Healing of The Tongue

His thoughts said, “Nothing that I have been able to say to those whom I have tried to help seemed to do much for them. What is the use of saying anything? Perhaps it would be better to say nothing.”

His Father said, “The healing of the tongue is a tree of life . Hast Thou ever seen a tree bear fruit in a day?”

I think the short note is really relevant to my own personal walk with God, my relationship with my brother and probably to you. We tried to help people around us with our words but we are seeing little effects taking place. We are discouraged. The Lord gently reminded us that words of healings brings life. But, a tree clearly do not bear fruit in a day. It takes days…months…until the right time comes. It is not easy to change, my friend. Not until much patience, prayers and tears. I am still walking slowly ahead, progressing ahead. My brother as well. Every time I felt I was faster than my soul then it is the time to slow down and catch up. your prayers and kind support are much appreciated.

3 comments:

Ita said...

Harusnya gua yg share tentang ini di blog... tapi koq malah elu yang lebih excited ya... Hehehe...
Makasih banget udah nemenin ke TTC. Dukungan dan perhatiannya bener2 berarti :)
Mudah2an someday elu masuk sana :p

Ita said...

http://juanchronos55.blogspot.com/2010/03/hort-park.html

blog Juan tentang Hortpark trip! :)

Janicelees said...

Dear Ita,

Thanks for inviting me to go as well. I get to know the feeling of how is it like to be in those colleges. May be one day God willing. I believe there are still a few things He wanted me to do before that. There is still hope. I mean I saw the MTS (Master Of Theo Studies) especially for people without calling to full time ministry. Even if they are, they can jump track to MDiv. He leads us. I do believe He does! :) Thanks for your strong faith in Him, jadinya gua ketepa juga.