24 March 2010

Make me a servant

Lord,

I give up my own plans and purposes

All my own desires and hops

and accept Thy will for my life

I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee

to be Thine, forever

Fill me and seal me with thy Holy Spirit

Use me as Thou wilt

Send me where Thou wilt

Work out Thy whole will in my life

At any cost, now and forever

by Betty Scott Stam

a servant has no agenda of his own. he has to learn obedience.

accepting what seems to us the unacceptable will of God

because in acceptance, lieth peace…

If your life is broken when you gave it to Jesus,

It may be because pieces will feed the multitude, when a loaf will only satisfy a little boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This little impatience with one another…

This little urge to change things, myself and people my way…

These little pains, Lord…

may they be fragrant offerings to You

Equip me with wisdom O Lord,

that I know so well what You required of me

enabling me to refuse the rest gently

send me to pursue, to accept, to hope

the fulfilment of Your entire will for my life

1 comment:

Ita said...

love this prayer so much! May GOD be with us in living this prayer.